"I can already picture myself in certain situations applying that confidence and just being calm ahead of time from one session. It’s just one less thing to worry about. It’s like having your fins on your board already! You don’t have to worry about putting your fins on, they're there."
Kelly Slater - 11x WSL World Champion
MEET YOUR COACH
Mark Visser is an Australian big wave surfer, author, keynote speaker and ocean adventurer. He is the 2014/15 Big Wave Paddle-in Champion and 3x runner up for the ASL Big Wave Awards. He is known as one of the fittest watermen in the world. Visser is a coach to many world champion athletes, professional sporting teams, business and elite military groups around the world.
The Ocean Warrior Course covers:
- Single person rescue response techniques
- Two person rescue response techniques
- How to know if someone is conscious or unconscious
- How to turn a danger zone into a safety zone
- The principles of CPR, compression rates and procedures
- How to treat dislocations and Sunstroke.
- How to treat lacerations and use a tourniquet
- How to make a make-shift tourniquet if you don’t have one.
- The expert’s secret to safe underwater training
- The way your body responds to underwater training
- Signs and signals to look out for when underwater
- Breath techniques you can use to recover faster after resurfacing
- Printable wave recon checklist.
- Breath techniques to stay calm before you enter the water.
- Risk assessment, hydration and tips to fuel your body throughout the day.
- Hand signalling, the correct way to guide a rescuer in to a location of a victim in need.
- Safety Course Booklet pdf download
- Safety Course Certificate
- Breathing techniques to reduce your brain wave activity and calm your mind
- How to access all 5 lobes in your lungs
- How to get the most oxygen from a single breath
- How to recognise the sensations you experience during breath holds
- Training exercises to expand your lungs and teach you how to function from one breath
- The oxygen usage rate of key muscle groups and how to use this to your advantage
- 3 week comprehensive land based training program with pdf download
- Land Course Assessment
- Land Course Certificate
Beginner & Advanced Water Course
- How to prepare for fearful surf scenarios by following a proven step-by-step process to keep you calm and in control
- Key survival requirements that allow you to stay underwater longer
- The most efficient technique to swim to the surface after being held down by a wave
- How to conserve oxygen and move efficiently underwater
- How to avoid holding tension in key muscle groups so you can stay underwater longer
- The art or using ‘one’ breath and how to deal with multiple wave hold downs
- 3 week comprehensive water based training program and pdf download
- Water Course Assessment
Beginner & Advanced Realistic Training Course
- How to apply everything you have learnt in the previous stages to realistic water training
- How to deal with hold-downs even if you don’t have air in your lungs
- Key techniques on how to prepare yourself for the toughest ocean situations
- How to move, hold and breathe in high heart rate situations
- 3 week comprehensive realistic based training program and pdf download
- Realistic Training Assessment
- Advanced Course Certificate
The Elite Mindset Program (accessed separately)
- Coaches Brief
- Breathing to our advantage, the science of breathing techniques and how to best use them in multiple situations of life.
- Performance through Physiology/ Scanning the body and how to create the feeling you want to experience.
- Leaving the mind, how to respond to situations vs reacting to them.
- The secrets of a smile, using real techniques to advance your abilities in and out of the water.
- Putting it into practice, the best way to set yourself up for success.
Watch the video and see what others have to say about the course
Free Course Offer
Sign up today and receive FREE ACCESS to The Ocean Warrior Foundation Series.
A 3 week training program with instructional videos and downloadable PDF
Just fill in your details below and an access link will be sent direct to your inbox.